Easy Delicious Banana Nut Bread
Super Simple Banana Nut Bread. Moist, rich banana flavor and perfect texture. No mixer needed, this is the easiest banana bread you will ever make.
I absolutely love the smell that wafts through the house when banana bread is baking. It is definetly a way to get my family gathered in the kitchen. This is one of my go to recipes when family or friends are visiting too. Everyone seems to love it served different ways, so we make a small Banana Bread charcuterie board. Sliced banana bread served with options of butter, honey, banana butter, cinnamon butter, Nutella and fresh fruit. A little something for everyone to enjoy and build it their way.
I am a firm believer in serving/eating banana bread warm. Its just better if you ask me. BUT if you want another twist on a classic slice of banana bread… try banana bread french toast! Yep, you read that right! It’s absolutely delicious. Simply cool your bread completely. The slice into thick (1 -1.5 inch) pieces and use in the place of toast in your french toast recipe. I like to slather mine in maple syrup. Mmmmmm. Enjoy!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8.5×4.5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the melted butter, then add the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir well with a large wooden spoon.
- Add the Flour+ baking soda + baking powder + cinnamon + salt over the banana mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add walnuts or chocolate chips (if desired), and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and slice into 10 thick slices and serve.